The Wongan Hills Hotel is situated approximately 2 hours drive north of Perth, in the Shire of Wongan-Ballidu.
Today Wongan Hills is the centre of a prosperous wheat and sheep farming district. It is a modern, community motivated town with excellent medical facilities, shops, school, police, churches and many sporting facilities.
- The Wongan Hills Hotel was originally developed as one of eight ‘state owned’ hotels in 1924 to help overcome the growing trade in ‘sly grog’.
- It was re-developed on the same site in its current form in 1946.
- When it was sold to a group of community entrepreneurs known as “The Civic Fathers”
- In the late 1950s it became the Wongan Hills Civic Hotel.
- The name reverted to the Wongan Hills Hotel when further privatized in the 1970s.
HOTEL AND MOTEL FACILITIES
The Wongan Hills Hotel is a substantial and impressive complex consisting of:
- Lounge Bar Function Centre
- Public Bar
- Restaurant / Bistro
- Dining areas include the Civic Bar, Restaurant Dining Room or the Autumn Bar which is a quiet, non-smoking bar
- Bottle shop with substantial and well set out browse area
- Impressive reception foyer
- Art Deco Hotel rooms upstairs These are available in single, double, twin and family room configurations. Some rooms also offer access to the balcony which surrounds the front & side of the hotel
- The hotel can sleep up to 60 people.
- There is also a separate motel block consisting of 10 well-presented self-contained motel units
- Beer Garden and heated smokers area