The Margaret River Bakery is a boutique European-inspired café located in the thriving tourist region of WA. Margaret River is one of WA’s premier tourist destinations and fastest growing populations.
The pastry café has prime frontage to the busy main street of the town with free street parking in-front of the store and also the added advantage of onsite parking.
The café was established in the 1960’s with the current owners purchasing the business in 2000. Over the last 20 years various renovations and upgrades have been completed at the business premises transforming it into the popular and iconic venue that it is today. The business offers baked products which are all made onsite, with the majority of sales coming from their range of freshly baked cakes, pastries, granola cups etc. The café also enjoys a strong take away coffee trade. The business also offers an assortment of organic breads and sourdoughs through the local IGA as well as a permanent store at the Margaret River Farmers market.
- Turnover Circa Approx. $2.2M per annum
- Net profit to owner/operator circa $350K
- Consistent local trade
- Average of 450 customers a day
- Open 6 days a week 7am – 2pm
- Seating capacity for 60 inside and 20 alfresco
- Long lease
- Strong social media presence
- Potential to increase business through the growth in wholesale component of the business
- Flexibility to run the business as a cafe or a patisserie
- Currently closed Sundays which is potentially the biggest trading day in Margaret River.
After 20 years of successfully building up the patisserie cafe, the owners have decided to sell so that they can concentrate on their other business interests in town.
Perfect opportunity for an owner-operator with food and hospitality experience looking for a sea change in one of the fastest growing and picturesque regions in WA.